Our boozy take on a holiday classic! Cheese balls are great for those crazy at home, self isolated, parties of 1 or 2 this year. We hope you enjoy and will absolutely not judge if
consumed alone, on your couch, in one sitting. Cheers!
Not My Nana’s Cheese Ball
2 cups mild cheddar, coarsely grated, room temperature
2 cups sharp cheddar, coarsely grated, room temperature
½ cup cream cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp mustard powder
½ tsp hot sauce
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp kosher salt
6 ounces Allfather Pilsner, room temperature
2 tsp finely chopped chives
2 cups crushed pretzels
1. Pulse cheeses and garlic in a food processor (or stand mixer) until finely chopped.
2. Add Worcestershire, mustard powder, hot sauce, cayenne, and salt and pulse until well
combined (mixture will clump together).
3. With motor running, slowly add beer and pulse until mixture is smooth but still grainy, about 5 minutes.
4. Toss in chives and mix until combined evenly.
5. Form a large ball and wrap tightly in plastic. Let chill for 1 hour.
6. Roll the chilled cheese ball in crushed pretzel bits right before serving.
7. Serve with assorted crudités, crackers, baguette, charcuterie, or whatever else you like!